- Dave’s Personal Stretched and Dressed Chicken Cruiser
- 379 Peterbilt with Flat-Top Sleeper
- Custom-Mixed Bright Yellow
- Trimmed in Fatjack’s Powder Green
- “Precision Series” Tractor
- “Signature Series” Trailer
- 1:53rd Scale Diecast by Tonkin Replicas
Quality Workmanship is Job One at Fatjack’s
- This is a hand-crafted custom-built model, not a production model.
- Both the tractor and trailer are radical rebuilds from the original models.
- The model was built to my specifications as I would spec out a real truck of this type.
- The truck was kept “tidy” without clutter.
- “If you don’t look good when you go…there’s no point in going!”
Special Detailing and Features BY FATJACK’S LARGECARS
- The tractor was rebuilt from the ground up. Everything was removed from the cab and sleeper, including the interior of both.
- The new frame provides a 337” wheelbase.
- An auxiliary transmission mounted mid-frame, complete with two driveshafts and carrier bearings.
- All original paint stripped from the entire model.
- The bright yellow was a one-time special mix just for this truck. The green trim is “Fatjack’s Powder Green.”
- Two air horns instead of four.
- Cab marker light lenses painted very deep amber with a high-gloss overcoat to replicate vintage glass lenses. As with the real lights of this type, they actually appear deep red in the daylight. The real lights have a unique deep amber color at night.
- Since the truck features an auxiliary transmission, the interior features 2-sticks. Both shift levers are chrome, have floor boots, and custom shift knobs. I wanted both sticks to be noticeable on the finished model when the doors are open, so I made a set of “Kentucky High Sticks.”
- The standard “flat top” sleeper roof was fabricated by hand in my shop. The new roof removes like the original to view the interior.
- Tinted windows cab and sleeper.
- Fatjack’s “Cool Blade” 20” bumper.
- Fatjack’s “Drop Visor”
- Fatjack’s “Hot Pipes” 7-inch diameter muffler topper stacks.
- Fatjack’s “Fatboy” fuel tanks, with three polished stainless steel straps each tank.
- Stainless steel full length deck plate.
- Stainless contoured rear frame cover.
- Stainless trim panel on rear wall of sleeper.
- Stainless rear mudflaps.
- Front fender mudflaps.
- Stepbox mudflaps.
- Scale ½” diameter CB antennas, Francis red antennas with angle mount.
- Tire snow chains with hangers on both sides of frame.
- Standard Peterbilt quarter fenders.
- Additional stepbox on each side of frame.
- Fatjack’s “PNW” service line hookups at rear of frame.
- Rear suspension lowered.
- Side marker lights on cab and sleeper removed.
- The trailer features a 10’-2” spread of the axles.
- Body lowered on the frame.
- Landing gear moved forward.
- New kingpin set at 24”.
- New marker lights added along lower side rail.
- The additional side marker lights and the tail lights are actual reflective lenses, NOT painted or decals!
- Complete trim painting package.
- Fatjack’s “PNW” service line hookups under frame ahead of the landing, with coiled air lines and electrical cable.
- My “Laughing Jackass” icon on right door. In other words, a donkey on the truck’s donkey.
PLUS ALL OF THE Standard features of the Tonkin Replicas 379 PETERBILT
- Removable sleeper roof and opening cab doors
Fully detailed interior:
- Tooled dash
- Highback seats
- Shift lever with floor boot
- Replication of authentic Peterbilt interior
- Cabinets in sleeper
- “Scale” carpet throughout
- Everything is there! (If I forgot something – it’s there!)
Fully detailed engine compartment:
- Hood tilts featuring an ISX Cummins engine
- Fan and belts
Chassis and Other Details:
- All wheels rotate
- Steerable front wheels
- Undercarriage fully detailed with independent castings for dimensional relief, include the exhaust system, air tanks, driveline, and differentials, and complete front axle assembly, including springs, axle, tie rod, etc.
- Bottom engine and transmission detail, and the rear suspension are tooled in place.
- Holland Hitch fifthwheel
- For detail photos of the interior, engine, etc., See my Peterbilt listings in the Tonkin Replicas Department of my website.
ABOUT THIS TRUCK
- This model was built for my personal collection and to be used as a display piece for Fatjack's LargeCars.
- The same process and building techniques were utilized to build this model that are used for building all custom models. All of my custom diecast models are individually hand-built.
- This model is not for sale, although I will build a similar model by request, but not an exact duplicate.
- Retail price? Email for a quote. In terms of parts and labor, this model cost me $1,000 to build. Retail price is higher.
BE SURE TO READ “ABOUT FATJACK’S LARGECARS”
- Details on how my models are built.
- Why custom trucks from Fatjack’s LargeCars stand out in the midst of all other custom diecast trucks.
IT’S ALL ABOUT DETAIL
- The "Precision Series" from Tonkin Replicas offers the ultimate in accurate detailing found in diecast trucks today. Inside and out, from top to bottom-front to rear, it's all there!
- Custom-built trucks from Fatjack’s LargeCars are quality built by a trucker who knows trucks, bringing you unequaled detailing and workmanship, taking diecast trucks to new levels of excellence!
- Quality Built By A Trucker Who Knows Trucks
- Go ahead, get close…The closer you get to a Fatjack’s LargeCar, the better it looks!
Replicating Real Trucks with Exquisite Scale Models
Hot Pipes & Cool Blades
“Simply The Best”