|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
A Truck Photographer’s Diary
Western Distributing Transportation Corp.
- A Truck Photographer’s Diary, Vol. 97–Western Distributing Transportation, is a huge CD photo album with over 370 photos featuring Western Distributing Trans. trucks. Most were taken between 2005-2011, with a few taken in the 1990s.
- The photos in this album were taken either in the working environment of the trucks or at Western’s terminal in Denver and a few taken at truck shows.
- The photos were taken by David A. Bontrager, Hank Suderman, William Arseneau, William McCullough, and Bernie Fahrner. A special thanks to Dino Guadagni at Western for his efforts in assisting with this project. All photos by contributing photographers were used with permission.
- Western Distributing Transportation is well known for their fleet of good looking trucks. This photo album is a tribute to that fleet of outstanding equipment.
- The album will begin with the newest trucks, the International Lonestar and 389 Peterbilts. This will be followed with 379 Peterbilts, W900L and T600 Kenworths, and Volvo. Next will be USAC, Western Auto Transport, Driver Opportunity truck, Western Towing & Recovery, Restored & Show trucks, and lease operators.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trucks shown out weighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- Pages may be printed for personal non-commercial use only – not for public distribution by any manual, mechanical or electronic means.
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom enlargements and posters are available directly from the author. All custom enlargements and posters are professionally printed on glossy heavy weight photo paper. Not all photos may be available as individual prints, but most are. Email inquiries to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s, and also collected photos from trucking companies. Over the years Dave learned to know many people who collected truck photos, and many of these acquaintances sent him photos. Dave of course is quite a historian on the trucking industry and the trucks. Dave’s passion for truck photography continues today. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.