|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
A Truck Photographer’s Diary
Trucking in the West
DABble Publishing & Imaging
Author and Editor: David A. Bontrager
Photos from the collections of David A. Bontrager, Harry Patterson, Neil Sherff, and Robert Ward
- This CD features photos of trucks operating in the western states from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
- This collection features a wide variety of trucks. Both owner-operators and company trucks are presented.
- A 20-photo essay of Golden California Packing trucks is included.
- The trucking industry is a constantly changing arena, and when trucking history is gone, it’s gone forever. The photo album is a great archive of trucks, without photos like these we would not have any history of trucking.
- If you're an old trucker I know you will enjoy this CD and consider it a good investment.
- If you're a young person or someone interested in the history of trucking, I hope this CD gives you an insight to trucking from a bygone era.
- This is a great collection of vintage truck photos.
Technical Information and Legalities
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com Mac computers have a PDF reader installed.
- The photo album is an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. Instructions are included.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trucks shown outweighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- Custom 8x10 enlargements of photos in the CD are available directly from the publisher. All 8x10 enlargements are professionally printed on heavy weight photo paper. Contact us for details at: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also call us at: 812-887-6749.