|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
Burlington Northern GE Locomotives Part 1
Author, Photographer, and Editor: David A. Bontrager
Publisher: DABble Publishing & Imaging
- A Train Photographer’s Diary, Vol. 111–Burlington Northern GE Locomotives, Part 1, C30-7 & U30C, is a CD photo album featuring photos of Burlington Northern General Electric C30-7 and U30C locomotives. The photo album includes both roster and action views. Locomotive data is not included as there are other data books available. Most of the photos were taken by David A. Bontrager.
- Neither the photo dates nor unit numbers are in chronological order. I wasn’t a student of the U30C but was of the C30-7, so there are many more photos of the C30-7 and they are shown first. Whenever a locomotive is shown several times it’s either a different view, a different date, or a different location, or a combination of the three. The photo album features mostly color photographs along with some black and whites.
- Even though the C30-7 and U30C locomotives could be found on other trains, the primary assignments were coal trains. They proved themselves as workhorses and BN loved them and got many years of service from them. I loved the rounded cab and bulldog nose on these locomotives and the wide radiator housing on the C30-7 balanced out the carbody design.
For more BN photo albums be sure to see my other CD photo albums:
- Burlington Northern—Palmer Lake & The Colorado Joint Line, Vol. 79.
- Burlington Northern—Coal Country & Other Action, Vol. 80.
- Burlington Northern—SD40-2 Locomotives, Part 1 & Part 2, Vol. 109 & 110.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trains shown outweighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- Pages may be printed for personal non-commercial use only – not for public distribution by any manual, mechanical or electronic means. The CD and its contents are not public shareware.
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s. Next he became interested in railroad photography, so now he was taking photos of both trucks and trains. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.
Technical Information and Legalities
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- The photo album is an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. Instructions are included.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom enlargements of photos in the CD are available directly from the publisher. All custom enlargements are professionally printed on heavy weight photo paper. Contact us for details at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org You can also call us at: 812-887-6749