|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
Union Pacific SD40-2 Locomotives
Author, Photographer, and Editor: David A. Bontrager
Publisher: DABble Publishing & Imaging
- A Train Photographer’s Diary, Vol. 108–Union Pacific SD40-2 Locomotives, is a CD photo album featuring photos of Union Pacific SD40-2 locomotives, including both roster and action views. Most photos were taken between the late-1980s and 2000. A few were taken in the mid-1980s before I upgraded my camera equipment, therefore those photos are not as good as the others, but still useful as historic documentation. Almost all of the photos were taken by David A. Bontrager. Other photos are in Dave’s collection.
- While I’m not necessarily a student of Union Pacific, I am a student of the EMD SD40-2 locomotive. Considering the size of the UP roster of the SD40-2 my collection is very small, but it does offer a good over view.
- The photo album is not in chronological order, but I have tried to group photos of the same locomotive together. The photo album features mostly color photographs along with a few black and whites.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trains shown outweighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- Pages may be printed for personal non-commercial use only – not for public distribution by any manual, mechanical or electronic means. The CD and its contents are not public shareware.
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s. Next he became interested in railroad photography, so now he was taking photos of both trucks and trains. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.
Technical Information and Legalities
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- The photo album is an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. Instructions are included.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom enlargements of photos in the CD are available directly from the publisher. All custom enlargements are professionally printed on heavy weight photo paper. Contact us for details at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org You can also call us at: 812-887-6749