- A Truck Photographer’s Diary Vol. 94, Roadway Express, is a 2-CD set featuring well over 500 photos.
- This collection of photos features Roadway Expresss. Most of these photos are of the equipment, plus some advertising and promotional items, and miscellaneous photos.
- Roadway Express is a very old and a very large company. Covering everything at one time or in one publication is very difficult. My goal for this CD is to provide a broad overview.
- My good friends Bernie Fahrner and Bill Arseneau, plus myself, took a lot of photos of Roadway equipment. I also collected numerous photos over the years from a variety of sources. I don't remember the source for some of these photos, and many were not of good quality. I also collected company photos, but most were printed on plain paper and not of the highest quality either. When known, I always provide photo credit.
- This is a very large photo album, and as you move through it headers will be provided for the different chapters. It's an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. In manual mode you can scroll down to whatever page or chapter you want to look at. At that point you can restart the slideshow again if you want. The chapters are as follows:
- The Early Years
- Single Man Division Tractors
- Jifflox & Kwik-Loc
- Sleeper Operations
- Special Lettered Trailers
- City Tractors
- Rail Operations
- Vintage Photos
- Yellow Freight
- Most people that were contacted to help out with this endeavor were very gracious in doing so, and my sincerest thanks to all of them.
- I went to work for Roadway Express after NW Transport shut down. I didn't like Roadway as much as NW, but Roadway Express was still a good company. In 2008 Yellow Freight bought Roadway, but I'm not offering much coverage after the Yellow buyout as this CD is to cover Roadway Express as Roadway.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trucks shown out weighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- Pages may be printed for personal non-commercial use only – not for public distribution by any manual, mechanical or electronic means.
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom enlargements and photos are available directly from the author. All custom enlargements and photos are professionally printed on glossy heavy weight photo paper. Not all photos may be available as individual prints, but most are. Email inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s, and also collected photos from trucking companies. Over the years Dave learned to know many people who collected truck photos, and many of these acquaintances sent him photos. Dave of course is quite a historian on the trucking industry and the trucks. Dave’s passion for truck photography continues today. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.
2-CD Set, $21.95 FREE Shipping in the USA, including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico