|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
A Truck Photographer’s Diary
Publisher: DABble Publishing & Imaging
Author and Editor: David A. Bontrager
- This photo album is the second production of The West. More photos are included in this collection than with the first edition, plus many of the original photos are improved.
- The photo album is intended to provide historic photographic documentation of trucks from a bygone era, primarily the 1950s and 1960s. There are also some photos from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.
- The photo album contains 360 images. Included are company glossy prints or paper prints that were gifts to the author and photos taken by the author or from his collection.
- Also included are some vintage advertisements pertaining to the trucking industry, which I find very interesting.
- The size of the photo is dictated by the quality of the original image, but all will view very well on screen.
- The photos are of carriers from the West, Northwest, and Southwest areas of the United States.
- The trucking industry is a constantly changing arena, and when trucking history is gone, it’s gone forever. Without photos like these we would not have any history of trucking.
- This is a great collection of vintage truck photos.
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s, and also collected photos from trucking companies. Over the years Dave learned to know many people who took photos and also collected truck photos, and many of these acquaintances sent him photos. Dave of course is quite a historian on the trucking industry and the trucks. Dave’s passion for truck photography continues today. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.
Technical Information and Legalities
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- The photo album is an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. Instructions are included.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom 8x10 enlargements of photos in the CD are available directly from the publisher. All 8x10 enlargements are professionally printed on heavy weight photo paper. Contact us for details at: email@example.com You can also call us at: 812-887-6749.
- FREE Shipping in the USA, including Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- International buyers are welcomed. International buyers note that 6 CDs can be shipped for the same price as 1 CD. Email us for a shipping quote to your country.