W900L Kenworth Daycab - Rocky Mountain Doubles
Featuring "Precision Series" 1:53rd Scale Diecast by Tonkin Replicas
Custom tractor-trailer combination by Fatjack's LargeCars
- Kenworth W900L Daycab in Deep Metallic Red, Precision Series
- Lead trailer, 48’ dry van, Signature Series
- Trailing trailer, 28’ freight pup with dolly, Precision Series
- The tractor, 28’ trailer, and dolly feature all of the normal Precision Series details
- The Signature Series 48’ van does not feature operating landing or interior.
A 48’ lead trailer with a trailing 28’ freight pup are only found in the Rocky Mountain States of the U.S. , thus the nickname “ Rocky Mountain Doubles.” These are typically pulled by short wheelbase tandem daycab tractors. 53-foot trailers are not used for this type of combination.
The tractor, 28’ trailer, and dolly are stock Precision Series units.
The 48’ lead trailer has been modified for the application. This includes moving the landing gear forward, replacing the kingpin to fit a Precision Series fifthwheel and resetting it at 36” deep. A pintle hook assembly has been installed and DOT conspicuity markings applied.