|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
A Truck Photographer’s Diary
Truck Stop 5
Vintage Photos from the 1970s
- A Truck Photographer’s Diary, Vol. 95–Truck Stop 5, is a CD photo album featuring photos of trucks, most taken in the 1970s. This is the fifth CD in the Truck Stop series, which feature vintage truck photos.
- The CD is produced by DABble Publishing & Imaging. Author and editor: David A. Bontrager
- All of the photos were taken by well-known truck photographer Neil Sherff and are copyright of Mr. Sherff. All photos were used with permission.
- The 79 photos in this album were all taken in the working environment of the trucks, many at truck stops. A wide variety of different makes of trucks are featured, including needle nose Kenworth, A Model Kenworth, 351 needle nose Peterbilt, early and late 359 Peterbilts, White Freightliner, 4300 International, Dodge Bighorn, Marmon, White Western Star, Western F Model Mack, Diamond T, and others.
- The photo album is a great archive of vintage trucks. The trucking industry is a constantly changing arena, and when trucking history is gone, it’s gone forever. Without photos like these we would not have any history of trucking.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trucks shown out weighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
- Custom enlargements and posters are available directly from the author. All custom enlargements and posters are professionally printed. Not all photos may be available as individual prints, but most are. Email inquiries to either: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Author
- Dave’s mother took photos of his dad’s trucks in the 1940s and 1950s and is the one responsible for Dave’s interest in truck photography. As a boy, Dave began photographing trucks in the mid-1950s, and also collected photos from trucking companies. Over the years Dave learned to know many people who took photos and also collected truck photos, and many of these acquaintances sent him photos. Dave of course is quite a historian on the trucking industry and the trucks. Dave’s passion for truck photography continues today. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.