|Fatjack's - Diesel Smoke & Dreams
Pull Down Menu of Fatjack's Website
The photo album is in PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or newer is required (Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe). The CD will run on operating systems as old as Windows 95, but will not read on earlier versions of Acrobat Reader.
Photographer, Author, and Editor: David A. Bontrager
Publisher: DABble Publishing & Imaging
- A Train Photographer’s Diary, Vol. 106–BN America, is a CD photo album featuring photos of BN America containers taken in the 1990s. Most photos were taken by David A. Bontrager. Other photos are in Dave’s collection.
- My fascination with BN America began in the late-1980s. BNA was a huge player in domestic intermodal shipping and set many standards in domestic shipping via intermodal.
- Within the roster of BNA containers numerous variations can be found. Throughout this photo album captions are kept to a minimum, letting the photos speak for themselves.
- This photo album features mostly color photographs along with some black and whites. Most were taken in the 1990s with a few taken in the early-2000s.
- Many photos are included of BN America containers loaded on a variety of intermodal cars. So the photo album is also a great collection of intermodal cars of the 1990s.
- Being a long-time student of BNA, it was a sad day for me when they shut down the operations. BN America had simply run its course. But let there be no doubt about it, BN America left their signature on domestic intermodal shipping. They were good years BN America.
- The images are in pristine condition and will view excellently on screen. A few may be slightly less than perfect, but I feel the historic value of the trains shown outweighs the technical aspects of the photo.
- This is a large photo album and is a great archive of domestic intermodal shipping.
About The Photographer and Author
- Dave has photographed trains for many years, but didn’t get serious about it until the 1980s when he lived in Colorado. During the 1980s thru the 1990s he was a prolific railroad photographer. Other than motive power, his favorite railroad subjects were and still are coal trains and intermodal. His interest in trains continues today. He is now retired and lives with his wife Anna near Elnora, Indiana.
Technical Information and Legalities
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 or newer is required for reading the photo album. Acrobat Reader is installed on most new computers, or you can download it free at: www.adobe.com
- The photo album is an automated slideshow and can also be viewed manually. Instructions are included.
- No part of this CD photo album, in whole or in part, or the photos contained herein, in whole or in part, may be reproduced, transmitted, scanned or distributed by any manual, mechanical or electronic means or devices without express written permission from the author and publisher.
- Neither the CD nor the contents are public shareware. Copyright laws apply.
Custom Enlargements and Posters
- Custom enlargements and posters of photos in the CD are available directly from the publisher. All custom enlargements and posters are professionally printed on heavy weight photo paper, not light weight poster paper. Contact us for details at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org You can also call us at: 812-887-6749
- FREE Shipping in the USA, including Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- International buyers are welcomed. International buyers note that 6 CDs can be shipped for the same price as 1 CD. Email us for a shipping quote to your country.